Italian Style Fresh Tomato Salad Recipe
Cost per serving $0.14 view details
- 3 or 4 large slicing tomatoes
- 1/3 cup chopped onions or sliced scallions
- Garlic powder to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning, or more to taste
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar, or more to taste
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, or more to taste
- Slice tomatoes 1/4" to 3/8" thick. Arrange 1 layer of tomato slices close together and flat in bottom of serving dish such as a square or rectangular Pyrex dish.
- Sprinkle this bottom layer with a proportionate amount of onions, then garlic powder, Italian seasoning and freshly ground pepper.
- Sprinkle with vinegar and drizzle lightly with oil.
- Repeat layers in this manner. Cover serving dish with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours to marinate before serving.
- (4 large tomatoes should make enough for 6 side servings, about 3 slices each.)
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 17g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 61||94%|
|Total Fat 6.87g||9%|
|Saturated Fat 0.97g||4%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 0.75g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.1g||0%|