Italian Healthy Chicken With Pasta Recipe
Cost per serving $2.74 view details
- 8 ounce fresh pasta shells (or possibly 6 ounce dry pasta shells)
- 1 1/4 lb fresh spinach
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast grilled, and cut into 1" cubes
- 4 med garlic cloves minced fine
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil or possibly vegetable spray
- 1 c. chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg or possibly mace Salt to taste Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- 1/2 c. grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook the spinach in the broth till tender. Drain and reserve broth. Mash out excess liquid. Cook pasta.
- Preheat a saute/fry pan or possibly heavy skillet over medium heat, add in the oil or possibly vegetable spray and saute/fry the garlic, stirring constantly, till it is white. Do not allow it to brown. Add in the spinach and nutmeg or possibly mace, salt and pepper. Add in the chicken pcs to the spinach, stir and turn and add in a small amount of the reserved cooking broth. Stir and turn the spinach till it is warm, adding broth as necessary.
- Remove pasta and immediately drain. Add in the shells into the spinach mix and blend well. Serve immediately with Parmesan.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 308g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 66||17%|
|Total Fat 7.5g||9%|
|Saturated Fat 3.31g||13%|
|Trans Fat 0.02g|
|Total Carbs 47.65g||13%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.4g||15%|