Italian Chicken Stew Recipe
Italian Chicken Stew is an easy, quick, delicious and healthy, low fat, low calories, low carbohydrates, Weight Watchers (6) PointsPlus recipe for a hearty meal. Made with chicken, onions, tomatoes, white beans, and spinach. It is well seasoned with fennel seed, basil, oregano, garlic, salt, black pepperand Rosemary for a great Italian style meal and all done on the stove top.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- (1-1/2 lbs) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, (cut into 1″ cubes)
- 1 medium size onion, (cut into 1/2″ thick wedges)
- 1/2 tsp fennel seed
- 1 (15 oz) can cannellini beans or other white beans, (drained, rinsed)
- 1 (14-1/2 oz) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 cup red wine or 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp dried basil leaves
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp dried Rosemary leaves
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp coarse ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano leaves
- 1 (6 oz) bag baby spinach leaves
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add in chicken; cook and stir 10 minutes or until browned. Remove chicken from skillet. Add in onion and fennel seed; cook and stir over medium heat 5 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in the beans, tomatoes, red wine, basil, minced garlic, rosemary, salt, oregano and pepper. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 3 minutes. Return chicken to skillet.
- Stir in spinach leaves. Cover and cook 5 minutes longer or until spinach is wilted.
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 166g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 46||34%|
|Total Fat 5.2g||7%|
|Saturated Fat 0.78g||3%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 16.05g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 5.6g||19%|