Involtini di cavolo ( Stuffed Cabbage) Recipe
Cost per serving $0.80 view details
- 1 head of cabbage ( need about 18-20 leaves)
- 1 1/2 lbs. ground beef
- 2 cups of cooked rice, cooled
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 T. chopped green pepper
- 1 rib celery, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped( about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 C. cheese ( Romano, American--your choice)
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 C. milk
- 2/3 C. ketchup
- 1/3 C. parsley
- 1/4 C. bread crumbs
- Sauce: Mix and set aside.
- 1 lg. can tomato juice
- 1 10.5 oz. tomato soup
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1. Wash cabbage to remove dirt etc.
- 2. Hold head firmly while inserting a two pronged cooking fork into the core of the cabbage.
- 3. Immerse the head of cabbage into a pan of boiling water; slowly spin around to make sure all leaves have water contact.
- 4 Cut outer leaves from the core with a knife; let cook a few minutes until softened. Repeat this as you need more leaves.
- 5. Use tongs to remove leaves from water; place upon paper laden plate. Allow leaves to dry and cool.
- 6. Spoon the filling into the center of each leaf; roll each into a neat cylinder; pulling up the .outer sides of the leaf around the filling; If leaf does not stay fixed, fasten with a toothpick.
- 7. Spread a thin layer of sauce on bottom of the baking dish. Then line up the completed rolls until pan is full. When full, cover with remaining sauce.
- 8. Bake, covered with foil for about 2 hours; bake additional 30 minutes uncovered Serve topped with sauce.
- Serves 10-12
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 214g|
|Recipe makes 12 servings|
|Calories from Fat 138||49%|
|Total Fat 15.28g||19%|
|Saturated Fat 6.74g||27%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 20.32g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.0g||3%|