Insanely Chocolaty Cookies Recipe
Plain and simple... I think I just found the BEST tasting chocolate cookie ever and of course, I had to share it with you.
Well I had a little help actually. I was over at Cleotilde's Blog Chocolate & Zucchini reading her latest post, where she described these cookies as insanely Cocolaty, and as they probably would be, after all they are over 50% chocolate in volume.
That's all I needed to read before running to the pantry and getting my ingredients out to confirm they were being described accurately. You know, just to make sure...
The verdict... Insanely Chocolatey is the perfect adjective for these babies. So, I went ahead and renamed them from Pecan Mudslide Cookies.
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 16 oz bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 teaspoon espresso powder
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2/3 cup chopped toasted pecans
- Line a 9x9 baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Melt 10oz of chocolate using the double-broiler method or in the microwave. While still hot, stir in espresso powder. Set aside to cool.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer cream together the sugar and butter until fluffy. Add eggs one at a time and mix just until they are combined.
- Slowly add whisked dry ingredients and mix until combined. Stir in the melted chocolate.
- Finally stir in the reserved chocolate chips and pecans.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish and spread it into an even-ish layer with a spatula.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Place in the fridge for 20-30 minutes, or until firm enough to handle without it sticking to your fingers.
- Remove the dough from the fridge and slide the parchment paper and dough onto a cutting board. Using a large, sharp knife, cut the dough into 16 equal pieces.
- Give each piece a somewhat rounded shape with the palms of your hands and place on the prepared baking sheets.
- Insert into the oven and bake for 12(chewy)-15(crispy)minutes. Or until the surface is just set, but still plenty soft when gently pressed in the middle.
- Let the cookies settle on the baking sheet for 20 minutes before transferring them to a rack to cool completely.
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 52g|
|Recipe makes 16 servings|
|Calories from Fat 115||47%|
|Total Fat 12.95g||16%|
|Saturated Fat 6.96g||28%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 28.53g||8%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.3g||4%|