Hot Hoisin Ribs Recipe
Succulent ribs guaranteed to please. You can make them ahead and re-heat them 10 minutes on the BBQ before serving. For milder flavour, omit or reduce the asian chili paste. These are finger lickin` good.
Servings: 4-6 Servings
Cost per serving $0.63 view details
- 3 lbs - 1.5. kg pork side or back ribs
- 1/2 cup - 125 ml hoisin sauce
- 2 tbsp - 25 ml granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp - 25 ml Asian chili paste (or 2 tsp - 10 ml hot pepper sauce)
- 2 tbsp - 25 ml orange juice
- 1 tbsp - 15 ml rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp - 15 ml oyster sauce
- 1/2 tsp - 2 ml herbes de provence or mixed dried herbs or dried thyme
- 1 large garlic clove, minced finely
- Trim excess fat from ribs; cut into serving-size pieces.
- In a large pot, cover ribs with cold water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and skim off any foam; cover and simmer until tender, about 1 hour. Drain and pat dry with paper towels.
- In a large bowl, whisk together hoisin sauce, granulated sugar, chili paste, orange juice, rice vinegar, oyster sauce, herbes de Provences or mixed dried herbs and garlic.Add ribs and turn to coat.
- Make-ahead: Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to 24 hours.
- Reserving marinade, place ribs on greased grill over medium-high heat; close lid and grill, basting with marinade and turning occasionally, until crusty and brown, about 10 minutes. Makes 4 to 6 servings.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 63g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 15||13%|
|Total Fat 1.63g||2%|
|Saturated Fat 0.5g||2%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 23.5g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.3g||4%|