Hooray, it’s Our 2nd Birthday and We’re Celebrating with a Skinnylicious Red Velvet Cake! Recipe
I can’t believe it’s been 2 years since I launched Skinny Kitchen. It’s been a heck of a lot of work creating each recipe, taking the photos, doing the nutritional’s and writing about each recipe, but I have to say, I’m loving every minute of it!!! A big heart felt thank you to all of you for joining me on Skinny Kitchen. I appreciate your comments and suggestions and I’m enjoying what you share with me with on Facebook too. It just wouldn’t be as much fun if I didn’t have all of you. And now…Enjoy some yummy birthday cake!
With my very best wishes,
- 1 (18.25 ounces) Duncan Hines Dark Chocolate Cake Mix or Devilâs Food
- 1 (3.4 oz) package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Â½ cup warm water
- Â¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 ounce red food coloring (1 bottle)
- 2 eggs, we love Egg-Landâs Best eggs
- 2 egg whites
- Skinny Cream Cheese Frosting Ingredients
- 4 ounces (Â½ of an 8 ounce package of reduced-fat cream cheese)
- 1Â½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat milk
- Sprinkles for decorating or mini semisweet chocolate chips, if desired
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a bundt pan with cooking spray with flour, see shopping tip below.
- In an electric mixer or using a hand mixer, combine all the cake ingredients except the eggs and whites. Beat well. Add the eggs and egg whites and beat on high for 1 minute.
- Fill bundt pan and spread the batter evenly. Shake the pan a few times to make the batter is even on top.
- Bake for about 55-65 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool in pan for 15 minutes. Carefully loosen sides of cake with a flat knife or spoon before removing. Invert cake onto plate. Let it cool before frosting.
- To make the frosting-using a mixer, whip the cream cheese until smooth. Add the powder sugar, milk and mix until smooth. It should be somewhat thick.
- Drizzle the frosting all around the top of cooled cake. Decorate with sprinkles or mini chocolate chips, if desired.
- Store in the refrigerator.
- Weight Watchers (old points) 6
- Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS 7
- SKINNY FACTS: for one slice (not including sprinkles)
- 250 calories, 6.7g fat, 3g protein, 44g carbs, 0g fiber, 342mg sodium, 31g sugar
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 84g|
|Recipe makes 16 servings|
|Calories from Fat 67||28%|
|Total Fat 7.65g||10%|
|Saturated Fat 1.53g||6%|
|Trans Fat 0.01g|
|Total Carbs 41.44g||11%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.1g||4%|