Honey Glazed BBQ Pork Tenderloins Recipe
Cost per serving $1.34 view details
- 2 whole pork tenderloins (about-12 ounces each), trimmed of excess fat
- Herb-and-Garlic Spiice Mix:
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh oregano, or 2 teaspoons crumbled dried oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary, or 1/2 teaspoon crumbled dried rosemary
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme, or 1/2 teaspoon crumbled dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon dried beef bouillon base (optional)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, or to taste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground cayenne, or to taste
- Honey-Mustard Glaze:
- 2 tablespoons coarse-grained Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
- 5 tablespoons honey
- Vegetable oil for brushing grill rack
- Fresh flat-leaf parsley, oregano, and/or rosemary sprigs for garnish
- Quickly rinse the tenderloins under cold running water and dry with paper toweling. Set aside.
- To make the Herb-and-Garlic Spice Mix, in a small bowl, combine all of the spice mix ingredients and blend well. Rub the mixture all over the tenderloins and let stand at room temperature for about 30 minutes.
- Prepare a covered grill for moderately low indirect-heat cooking position a drip pan in the center of the fuel grate. Soak a handful of hickory or other flavorful wood chips in water.
- To make the Honey-Mustard Glaze, in a small saucepan, combine all of the glaze ingredients. Place over low heat and simmer until the sugar melts, about 5 minutes.
- When the fire is ready, lightly brush the grill rack with oil. Place
- the tenderloins on the rack directly over the heat and sear briefly on all sides, then position over the drip pan, add the soaked chips to the fire to create smoke, and cover the grill.
- Cook, turning every 10 to 15 minutes and brushing with the glaze, until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the meat registers 1400 F, 45 minutes to 1 hour. If cooking over wood or charcoal, add more fuel and adjust air vents as needed to maintain an even temperature.
- Transfer the tenderloins to a cutting surface, cover loosely with foil, and let stand for about 5 minutes.
- To serve, cut crosswise into slices about 1/4 inch thick, arrange on a serving platter or warmed plates, and garnish with herb sprigs.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 106g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 17||10%|
|Total Fat 1.93g||2%|
|Saturated Fat 0.62g||2%|
|Trans Fat 0.02g|
|Total Carbs 20.79g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.9g||3%|