Homemade Steamed Sponge Cake Recipe
Cost per serving $0.15 view details
- ½ pounds, 2-⅝ ounces, weight Rice Flour
- 3-⅝ ounces, weight Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 4 whole Eggs
- 11 tablespoons, 2-½ teaspoons, ⅛ pinches Coconut Pani Or Treacle
- ¼ teaspoons Cinnamon Powder
- 3 tablespoons, 1 teaspoon, 2-⅓ pinches Wat
- Sift the flour. In a mixing bowl combine sifted flour, sugar, and baking soda.
- In a separate bowl beat the eggs until foamy. Next slowly add egg mixture to the flour mixture. Mix well.
- Now add coconut treacle (treacle is a coconut liquid, it’s brown in color and similar to molasses), cinnamon and water. Whisk until the batter is smooth. Cover the batter and allow to rest 30 minutes.
- Next pour the batter into a 6 inch round pan lined with oil or parchment paper. Now place the cake into a steamer. Close the lid and steam the cake for 40 minutes (high heat). During this period, do not open the lid. After 40 minutes test cake by inserting a toothpick. It is done if the toothpick comes out clean and dry.
- When cake is cooked, remove from pan and place in dish.
- Serve hot or cool.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 30g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 26||62%|
|Total Fat 2.92g||4%|
|Saturated Fat 0.91g||4%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 0.31g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.1g||0%|