Homemade Guava & Apple Jam Recipe
- combine all ingredients into a big pot and bring it to boil.
- let it boil for about 30 minutes over high heat.
- then bring it to medium heat and slightly mashed the fruits or you may use the electrical food blender if preferably smoother texture
- then continue on boiling it over medium heat for another 30 minutes. You will notice a layer of bubbles on the surface. Those are pectin which produced by the green apples & lemon. It helps to gel the fruits.
- *green apples, lemon and berries are good source of natural citric acid. It's best to use as gelling agent in jam making. Or you may use the commercial pectin or citric acid from the store
- keep on boiling the mixture till thickened. You may refer here for further info, how to test the jam.
- off the heat once it's done and fill jam into bottles & seal immediately. You may also refer here for sealing tips.
- *a well sealed jam can be kept for 2 years
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner