Homemade Fancy Fortune Cookies Recipe
Cost per serving $0.04 view details
- 100 grams flour, all-purpose
- 1/4 teaspoon salt to taste
- 75 grams butter chilled
- 1/2 whole egg yolk beaten
- 1/2 whole egg beaten (for egg wash)
- Sift the flour. Place the flour and salt in a large bowl. Mix. Rub the butter into the flour with your fingertips until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Next add approximately 1/2 of the egg yolk . Mix well using your hands. Try to work quickly.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and chill for 10 -15 minutes.
- Now take the chilled dough and roll out into a 12 inch square that is about 1/8 inch thick, using a rolling pin. Use a cookie cutter and cut out cookies using your favorite cookie cutter shape (the recipe should make about 25, depending on how big your cutter is).
- Make flower stem: Next cut the remaining dough into strips â 1/8 inch width and 6 inch long. Fold strip in half and twist strip together. Iâve done this in the photo above.
- Lightly butter a baking tray and then line with oiled or baking sprayed parchment paper. Place the flower stems onto the baking tray.
- Next brush the egg wash on top of the stem.Take a flower cookie and place on the top of the stem. Now make one hole on the top of flower using a toothpick.
- Brush the egg on top of the flowers and stems.
- Bake about 15 minutes at 200 c degrees or until the crust is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Take a small strip of paper and write your fortune and connect it to the cookie with a piece of string threaded through the hole that you made in the flower. After that decorate.
- See my web sites
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 7g|
|Recipe makes 25 servings|
|Calories from Fat 23||62%|
|Total Fat 2.56g||3%|
|Saturated Fat 1.58g||6%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 3.06g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.1g||0%|