Hearty Beef Stew with Mushrooms, Carrots and Potatoes Recipe
Cost per serving $1.01 view details
- 1200 gr boneless beef chuck, cut into 20 mm pieces
- 100 gr all purpose flour
- 5 gr fresh thyme
- 5 gr paprika
- 100 ml olive oil
- 200 gr brown onions, shredded
- 50 gr garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
- 300 gr shitake mushrooms, cut into 4
- 300 gr tomatoes, skinned and deseeded
- 300 gr carrots, peeled and cut into 20 mm pieces
- 300 gr small potatoes, scrubbed
- 900 ml beef stock
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
- * Place beef in large bowl.
- * Sprinkle with flour, thyme, paprika and generous amounts of salt and pepper; toss to coat.
- * Heat amounts of the oil in heavy large pot over medium-high heat.
- * Working in batches, add beef and sautÃ© until brown, about 6 min
- * Place beef to a large pot after each batch; reserve any flour in bowl.
- * SautÃ© the prepared onions and garlic in an amount of oil. When slightly colored add to pot with the beef.
- * SautÃ© the prepared mushrooms for 2 min, add to a pot with the beef.
- * Add reserved flour mixture to pot.
- * Add beef stock and prepared tomatoes, bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low.
- * Cover and simmer until beef is almost tender, about 60 min.
- * Add prepared carrots and potatoes, simmer uncovered, until beef and vegetables are tender and sauce thickens, about 30 min. Adjust seasoning.
- Serve as required with a crusty loaf of French bread
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 192g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 158||84%|
|Total Fat 17.77g||22%|
|Saturated Fat 3.14g||13%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 2.33g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.4g||1%|