Healthy Omelet Sandwiches Recipe
Healthy Omelet Sandwiches is an easy and delicious vegetable omelet recipe cooked on a skillet. It is also a nutritious, low calories, low fat, No-Cholesterol, low sodium, heart-healthy, vegetarian and Weight Watchers (7) PointsPlus recipe. Ingredients include: Mushrooms, tomato, onion, and bell peppers sprinkled with Parmesan cheese. A great and healthy start to your day. Makes 2 sandwiches.
- Non-Stick cooking spray
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped tomato
- 2 tbsp finely chopped onions
- 1/2 cup cholesterol-free egg substitute
- 2 tsp freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 slices 12 grain bread
- Spray an 8-inch nonstick skillet with vegetable cooking spray and heat over medium heat for 1 minute. Add the mushrooms, bell pepper, tomato and onion. Cover and cook until the vegetables are tender. Remove the vegetables from the skillet. Remove the skillet from the heat. Wipe out the skillet with a paper towel.
- Spray the skillet with the cooking spray and heat over medium heat for 1 minute. Add 1/4 of the egg substitute and top with half the cooked vegetables. Cook until the eggs are set but still moist on top, lifting the edges of the omelet with a spatula. Sprinkle with half of the cheese. Fold the omelet in half. Place the omelet on 1 bread slice and top with another bread slice. Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 63g|
|Recipe makes 2 servings|
|Calories from Fat 6||26%|
|Total Fat 0.73g||1%|
|Saturated Fat 0.39g||2%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 2.99g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.8g||3%|