Healthier Slow-Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe
This is from Allrecepies and it is really good.
Servings: 8 Servings
Cost per serving $1.37 view details
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole peeled tomatoes, mashed
- 1 (10 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 banana peppers, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups water
- 1 (14.25 ounce) can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen corn
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 7 corn tortillas
- vegetable cooking spray
- Place chicken, tomatoes, enchilada sauce, onion, banana peppers, and garlic into slow cooker. Pour in water and chicken broth. Season with cumin, chili powder, salt, ground pepper, and bay leaf. Stir in corn and cilantro. Cover and cook on Low for 6 to 8 hours, or on High for 3 to 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Lightly coat both sides of tortillas with cooking spray. Cut tortillas into strips, then spread on a baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven until crisp, 10 to 15 minutes. Sprinkle tortilla strips over soup.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 286g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 13||9%|
|Total Fat 1.54g||2%|
|Saturated Fat 0.3g||1%|
|Trans Fat 0.01g|
|Total Carbs 21.64g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.7g||12%|