Halloween Baked Spaghetti Recipe
Cost per serving $1.57 view details
- 8 ounces thin spaghetti, cooked and drained (save ¾ cup of pasta water)
- 1 pound hamburger
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 3 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste with Italian herbs
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (4.25 ounce) can chopped black olives
- ¾ cup pasta water
- 2 cups (5 ounces) sharp cheddar cheese, grated, divided
- 2 tablespoons basil, chopped
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese for the top
- Preheat the oven to 325 °. Grease a 9-by-13-by-2-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef, onion, garlic, salt and pepper over medium heat; drain. Add the Italian seasoning, oregano, sugar, tomato paste, tomato sauce, olives, pasta water and 1 cup cheddar cheese. Stir until well combined. Turn the heat down to low and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Take the cooked pasta and stir it into the sauce until all noodles are completely covered. Place the mixture in the baking dish and cover with aluminum foil. Bake 30 minutes (turn the oven down to 300° if it is going to be longer than that).
- When you are ready to eat within the next 10 minutes, uncover the spaghetti and cover with the remaining cheddar and Parmesan cheese. Bake until cheese melts, about 10 minutes. Sprinkle with basil and serve.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 287g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 330||54%|
|Total Fat 36.97g||46%|
|Saturated Fat 11.66g||47%|
|Trans Fat 0.49g|
|Total Carbs 41.11g||11%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.9g||13%|