Gruyere Pizza with Caramel Onion Recipe
Cost per serving $9.68 view details
- 1 recipe pizza dough
- one sweet onion, chopped and caramelized
- Olive Oil
- fresh chives
- 1 lb wedge Gruyere cheese
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Caramelize your onions ahead of time according to this recipe.
- Heat the oven to 500 degrees. If using a pizza stone, allow the stone to heat up along with the oven for a half hour before baking on it.
- Stretch out your dough on a cornmeal-dusted peel to about 10-12” in diameter. Drizzle about 1 tablespoon of Olive Oil on the top of the dough.
- Cut strips or cubes of the Gruyere cheese and distribute along the top of the oiled dough. Top the cheese with the caramelized onions.
- Drizzle with Olive Oil, season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Garnish with freshly chopped chives. Slide your pizza onto the stone in the oven and bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and garnish with fresh basil. Serve!
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 247g|
|Recipe makes 3 servings|
|Calories from Fat 430||66%|
|Total Fat 48.98g||61%|
|Saturated Fat 28.59g||114%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 7.77g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.0g||3%|