Groundnut Salad / Moongphali Chat / Kadalai Sundal Recipe
Groundnut belongs to legume family and not a nut as the name suggests. It helps to fight malnutrition, by providing 30 essential nutrients & minerals, no transfat.
So if your child is a poor eater, please go ahead and give this wondernut in various forms.
THis is such a simple recipe, you can involve your kids to join you making this nutritious salad.
You can boil & give them in a chat form as I have shared here.
Roasted peanut with little salt sprinkled over it.
Soak it along with other ingredients of adai & make nice adai dosai
Make peanut powder chutney & use it as a side dish even for rice.
Make masala pea nut but if you bake it instead of frying it is very good for health.
Roast & coarsely powder peanut, add it to the dry vegetable dishes
and many more recipes.....
As we are experiencing pre-monsoon showers, hot beverages & snacks are in our monsoon recipe list.
Sharing with you a healthy & simple recipe to make a nice colourful Nutritious evening snack.
- Ground nut - 1 cup (Fresh ones)
- Onion - 1 no. (finely chopped)
- Cucumber -1 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Carrot - 2 tbsp (grated)
- Raw Mango - 1 tbsp (optional)
- Green chilli - 1 no. (optional)
- Lemon juice - few drops
- salt to taste
- Coriander leaves -2 tsp (finely chopped)
- Pressure cook the groundnuts with skin adding water & salt
- Remove the pearls & discard the shells
- To the pearls add chopped onion, cucumber, raw mango, grated carrot, finely chopped green chilli, coriander leaves, salt, lemon juice and mix well
- Yummy & nutritious snack is ready to eat.
- Tastes best when served hot. So keep all the other ingridients ready, steam the nuts. Then add the other ingredients, mix & serve hot.
- Serving suggestion :-
- To make the snack more interesting, serve it hot by steaming the pearls so that it stays hot and keep the other ingridients ready to be added to the groundnut before serving.
- If you don't have fresh ones, then you can soak the dried ones & pressure cook it.
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 249g|
|Recipe makes 2 servings|
|Calories from Fat 4||4%|
|Total Fat 0.46g||1%|
|Saturated Fat 0.09g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 23.52g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.7g||12%|