Grilled Turkey Florentine Burgers Recipe
Cost per serving $2.76 view details
- 1 1/2 Cups Sweet Onion, Diced
- 1/4 Cup Red Bell Pepper, Diced
- 3 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 10 Oz. Pkg. Baby Spinach, Chopped
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 2 Large Eggs, Beaten
- 1 Tbsp. Chipotle Chile Mustard
- 1/4 Tsp. Salt
- 1/2 Tsp. Ground Black Pepper
- 16 Oz. Reduced-Fat Ricotta
- 1 Cup Dry Bread Crumbs
- 2 Lbs. Lean Ground Turkey
- To Serve:
- 10 Whole Wheat Hamburger Buns, Split
- 10 Slices Tomato
- 1 1/2 Cups Fresh Baby Spinach
- 1 Small Red Onion, Sliced Thin
- 1 Small Red Bell Pepper, Sliced Into Thin Rings
- 2 Cups Shredded Gruyere Cheese
- In a large skillet heat olive oil, add onion, red bell pepper and garlic. Cook until onion is translucent and soft. Add spinach, cover and leave until spinach has wilted. Uncover and cool to room temperature.
- In a large bowl, mix together eggs, mustard, salt and pepper; beat well to combine.
- Add spinach mixture to ricotta cheese; stir to combine. Next add egg mixture into the spinach/cheese; mix gently to combine.
- Crumble ground turkey over mixture, adding bread crumbs and mix gently until well combined. (Mixture will be very moist and slightly sticky.)
- Using a large ice cream scoop, measure two scoops of turkey mixture per patty. You should have 10 - 12 patties. Let patties rest in refrigerator for 2 - 3 hours to help them set up and flavors to blend.
- Prepare and heat grill until medium-high. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack.
- Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5 - 7 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear.
- Serve on buns with tomato, spinach, red onion, red bell pepper and cheese.
- Pictured: In place of hamburger buns, made homemade French bread, sliced and toasted.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 356g|
|Recipe makes 10 servings|
|Calories from Fat 276||45%|
|Total Fat 31.09g||39%|
|Saturated Fat 12.21g||49%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 37.71g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.2g||11%|