Grilled Turkey Breast Tenderloins (or Pork Tenderloins) with Asian Marinade Recipe
Turkey breast tenderloins are the long strip of white meat under the turkey breast. An underused muscle of turkey, it's very tender and perfect for recipes. However this lean poultry meat is easy to overcook, becoming dry and tough. The task in grilling it is to cook quickly over a medium to medium-high heat until temperature of doneness is reached. This wasn't the least dry when I cooked it that way, and for leftovers - perfectly moist as well! The Asian marinade recipe is equally tasty for turkey or pork tenderloins.
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup bottled hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons white wine (or apple, orange or pineapple juice)
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 pounds turkey breast tenderloins (or pork tenderloins)
- Additional cooking oil for grill
- In pint jar measure soy sauce, hoisin sauce, oil, sugar, garlic, wine and ginger; shake well. Measure 1/3 cup of marinade and set aside; refrigerate remaining marinade and use some for basting and the rest for serving.
- Place tenderloins in shallow glass dish and pour reserved 1/3 cup marinade over them, turning to coat well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 to 4 hours, turning occasionally.
- Coat grill rack with oil; heat 5 minutes on medium to medium-high heat.
- Drain and discard marinade from tenderloins. Grill tenderloin covered for 8-10 minutes, turning and basting occasionally with 1/3 cup of the refrigerated marinade. (Cook time is approximate and will vary with grills.) Check meat for appropriate temperature: For turkey tenderloins thermometer should read 165 degrees; pork tenderloins should read 145 degrees when done. See USDA's "Check the New Recommended Temperatures" link below under Useful Links.
- Remove meat to cutting board or platter and allow to rest for 3 minutes before cutting.
- Cut into serving slices and serve with heated reserved marinade (or save extra marinade for a future use.)
- Yield: 8 4-ounce servings (or 6 hungry-man servings 5-6 ounces)
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 35g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 32||47%|
|Total Fat 3.66g||5%|
|Saturated Fat 0.52g||2%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 6.87g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.4g||1%|