Grilled Summer Squash Nachos Recipe
Using your garden bounty can be challenging. Here's a recipe that turns sliced zucchini into the classic appetizer...nachos.
Toss the zucchini slices with a little olive oil, salt and pepper, then add a grill...bam! A summer vegetable topped with all your favorite nacho toppings!
- 4 Small Zucchini, Sliced Into 1/4-Inch Rounds
- 3 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1/4 Tsp. Salt
- 1/ Tsp.Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Cup Cheddar Cheese, Shredded
- 15 Oz. Can Black Beans, Drained & Rinsed
- 2 Small Tomatoes, Diced
- 1 Large Avocado, Diced
- 1/4 Cup Scallion, Sliced Diagonally
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Cilantro, Chopped
- 1 Small Lime
- Place the sliced zucchini chips into a large bowl and toss with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place zucchini on a grill pan or directly on a hot grill, over medium heat. Grill for 4 to 5 minutes or until zucchini is tender.
- Sprinkle cheese directly over zucchini chips and cook until cheese is melted, about 1 minute.
- Remove zucchini from grill and place on a platter or onto plates.
- Top with black beans, tomatoes, avocado, green onion, cilantro, and a squeeze of fresh lime juice. Serve immediately.
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 344g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 219||37%|
|Total Fat 24.82g||31%|
|Saturated Fat 8.3g||33%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 67.45g||18%|
|Dietary Fiber 18.1g||60%|