Grilled Spicy Chicken Recipe
This chicken recipe is full of spice and flavor.
Cost per serving $0.21 view details
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 each clove garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 each 2 1/2-3 pound chicken, quartered
- Heat the vegetable oil in a saucepan, over medium heat.
- Add the chopped onion and garlic until tender to the saucepan, but do not brown.
- Gradually, mix in ketchup and stir frequently.
- Combine the remaining ingredients, except the chicken, into the saucepan.
- Bring to the mixture to a boil. Reduce heat, simmer, uncovered, for 10-13 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Set the sauce mixture aside.
- Season chicken pieces with additional salt, to taste. Place chicken pieces bone side down over medium to hot coals.
- Grill for 25-30 minutes, and until the bone side is brown and tender.
- Turn pieces over and grill another 25-30 minutes more, until the chicken is brown and tender.
- Continuously brush the chicken with marinade sauce during last 10 minutes of grilling, using all the sauce until it is done.
- Remove from the grill, and enjoy!
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 44g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 31||51%|
|Total Fat 3.54g||4%|
|Saturated Fat 0.27g||1%|
|Trans Fat 0.09g|
|Total Carbs 7.4g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.2g||1%|