Grilled Seafood Wrapped In Banana Leaves With Su Mei Recipe
Cost per serving $4.31 view details
- 1 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp freshly-grnd white pepper
- 5 x fresh bird chiles slivered (or possibly 5 slivered serrano chiles)
- 12 x garlic cloves thinly sliced
- 5 x shallots thinly sliced
- 4 x thinly sliced krachai or possibly
- 12 x fresh ginger slivers
- 10 x halved kaffir lime leaves halved (or possibly slivered zest of 2 limes)
- 1 1/2 lb large shrimp peeled, deveined, and thoroughly dry
- 1 lb mussels scrubbed, debearded, and thoroughly dry
- 1 lb Manila clams scrubbed, debearded, and thoroughly dry
- 1 x lobster - (1 1/2 lbs) minced bite size
- 2 c. Thai basil leaves roughly torn
- 2 c. arugula leaves torn bite size
- 1 x lemon thinly sliced
- 2 piece banana leaves - (16" by 18") Cooked jasmine rice for serving (optional)
- Combine the salt, pepper, chiles, garlic, shallots, krachai, and kaffir lime leaves in a bowl, and mix well. Add in the seafood, basil leaves, arugula, and lemon slices. Toss to mix well.
- Heat a grill. Line a 16- by 18-inch double layer of aluminum foil with a banana leaf. Place the seafood mix in center of leaf. Cover it with second banana leaf and another 16- by 18-inch double layer of aluminum foil. Roll edges of aluminum foil over tightly to create a pouch.
- Place the pouch on the grill over medium-high heat. Cover, and grill-smoke for 20 min. Be sure to open air vents in top of grill cover. Carefully open pouch slightly to make sure the mussel shells are open and the lobster shell has turned pink. Remove pouch from the grill, and transfer seafood, along with the juices, to a platter. Serve with rice.
- This recipe yields 8 to 10 servings.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 158g|
|Recipe makes 10 servings|
|Calories from Fat 22||15%|
|Total Fat 2.46g||3%|
|Saturated Fat 0.48g||2%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 7.74g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.7g||2%|