Grilled Scallops With Avocado Corn Relish Recipe
- 1 bot corn oil, for frying
- 4 x Flour tortillas, cut into 6 pcs
- 16 lrg Scallops, shucked
- 2 x Avocados, peeled, seeded and mashed
- 1 x Corn on the cob
- 1 x Chilli, finely minced
- 1 pch Grnd coriander
- 1 pch Grnd cumin
- 2 x Tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1/2 x Red onion, peeled and finely sliced
- 2 x Lemons, juice of
- 4 Tbsp. Minced coriander leaves Salt and pepper Extra virgin extra virgin olive oil
- Chargrill the corn on the cob, turning frequently. In a bowl, mix the mashed avocado with the grnd cumin and coriander, the lemon juice, onion, a little oil, salt and pepper. Stir to combine all the ingredients.
- When the cob is chargrilled, allow to cold then cut off the husks and mix into the avocado mash. Add in the chilli, minced tomatoes, fresh coriander and stir well.
- Heat the corn oil to a high temperature and fry the tortilla pcs till crispy. Drain on kitchen paper. Sprinkle salt and pepper and a splash of extra virgin olive oil on the scallops then grill them for 30 seconds on each side.
- Arrange the tortillas on a plate and spoon relish on top of each one. Pop a scallop on top and finish by drizzling extra virgin olive oil over the dish. Serve immediately.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner