Grilled Pork Scallopini Recipe
- 8 Each Bamboo Skewers
- 8 Pieces Boneless Pork Loin (3/4 - 1 Inch Thick)
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1/4 Cup Butter, Cut Into 8 Cubes
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Parsley, Chopped
- 2 Tbsp. Capers
- 1/4 Cup Parmigiana-Reggiano Cheese, Grated
- 4 Tbsp. Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Whole Lemon, Cut Into 8 Wedges
- Place skewers in cold water to soak. Using wax paper, pound pieces of pork loin until one quarter inch thick.
- Place the pork pieces on a clean work surface and liberally season each piece with salt and pepper. Put on piece of butter on each pork piece and sprinkle each portion as evenly as possible with parsley, a few caper, and a teaspoon of the grated cheese.
- Roll each piece as tightly as possible to form a tube. Skewer 2 rolls lengthwise on 2 skewers to resemble 2 steps of a ladder.
- Season the outside of each roll with salt and pepper and then brush with olive oil.
- Grill all the skewers at once over a high heat until nicely charred on the outside, about 4 minutes. Turn and cook 4 minutes more.
- Remove to a plate, sprinkle on the remaining cheese and let rest for about 3 minutes before serving.
- Serve with lemon wedges on the side.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner