Grilled Pineapple Upside Down Cake Recipe
This cake is made in 2 major steps- grilling the pineapple and then baking the cake batter.
Cost per serving $0.92 view details
- 1 pineapple- cored and sliced
- 1 Box Jiffy yellow cake mix
- 1 egg (for the cake mix)
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon nutmeg
- 1 cup rum (for the cake mix- substitute rum for the water in the cake mix!)
- Â¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 stick butter
- 1 jar maraschino cherries
- 2 8â³ aluminum pie pan
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Mix batter with egg and rum, then add the nutmeg and ginger.
- Next, grill the pineapple slices.
- As the pineapples are grilling, take a grill-friendly saucepan and add a stick of butter, Â½ cup rum and the dark sugar. Let this sauce get warm and bubbly on the grill. Stir occasionally.
- Once the pineapple slices have nice grill marks on both sides, take them off the grill.
- Layer the pineapple slices on the 2 pie pans. Put cherries in the middle of each pineapple slice. Pour some of the rum sauce over the pinapple (be careful, the pan will be hot).
- Now, pour the batter evenly into the 2 pie pans.
- Next, create a direct/indirect environment for baking your cake (charcoal to one side or one burner on/off).
- Bake cakes about 12-15 minutes or until golden
- Pull cakes out off the grill and drizzle the rum glaze over the cakes while it is still warm.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 85g|
|Recipe makes 12 servings|
|Calories from Fat 125||37%|
|Total Fat 14.23g||18%|
|Saturated Fat 6.74g||27%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 39.57g||11%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.6g||2%|