Grilled Lamb With Tequila And Chipotle Rub Recipe
This lamb offers a change of pace from the classic grilled steak. It is best to start this marinating at home and grill when you get to the a race track, tailgate party or picnic.
Cost per serving $0.43 view details
- 1 Section Leg Of Lamb; Center Portion (See Tip)
- 2 Tbsp. Vegetable Oil
- 1 Medium Onion, Chopped
- 7 Whole Garlic Cloves, Chopped
- 1 Cup Mild Salsa Verde (Green Salsa)
- 1/4 Cup Tequila
- 2 Each Chipotle Chilies In Adobo Sauce, Minced
- 1 Tsp. Chili Powder
- 1 Tsp. Granulated Sugar
- 1 Tsp. Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Tsp. Ground Cinnamon
- Prepare Marinade: Place skillet, preferably cast iron, over medium heat. Add the oil and let it get hot.
- Add the onion and cook; stirring often until it softens, about 8 minutes. Add the garlic and cook 1 minute more. Add the salsa verde, tequila, chipotle chilies, chili powder, sugar, salt and cinnamon; stir together.
- Increase heat to medium-high and cook 4 minutes more, stirring often, to burn off the alcohol and thicken the sauce.
- Transfer the mixture to a blender or food processor fitted with the metal blade and pulse until just smooth. Let cool.
- Prepare Lamb: Place the lamb on a clean work surface. Spread the tequila/chipotle mixture completely over the meat.
- Cover and refrigerate to marinate at least 2 hours or up to 48 hours. Allow the lamb to come to room temperature before cooking.
- Grill over medium-high heat, turning once for medium-rare, about 24 minutes (a meat thermometer inserted at the thickest pars should register 140°F).
- Remove from heat and let the lamb rest for 10 minutes under aluminum foil tent, then slice.
- Tip: The center portion of the butterflied leg is usually thinner than the two end sections. I like to trim that off when it is medium rare and let the thicker end sections cook about 5 minutes longer.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 58g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 35||48%|
|Total Fat 3.98g||5%|
|Saturated Fat 0.27g||1%|
|Trans Fat 0.09g|
|Total Carbs 4.74g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.5g||2%|