Grilled Chicken with Red Pepper Harissa Recipe
Cost per serving $1.50 view details
- 4 Oz Jar Roasted Red Peppers, Rinsed And Drained
- 1 Tbsp. Plus 1 Tsp. Olive Oil, Divided
- 1 Tbsp. Plus 1 Tsp. Red Wine Vinegar, Divided
- 1 Tsp. Ground Cumin
- 1/2 Tsp. Granulated Sugar
- 1 1/4 Tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1/4 Tsp. Crushed Red Pepper
- 2 Tsp. Hungarian Sweet Paprika
- 1/2 Tsp. Salt
- 1 Medium Yellow Squash, Sliced 1/2-Inch Thick Diagonally
- 1 Medium Zucchini, Sliced 1/2-Inch Thick Diagonally
- 1 Lb Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Halves (4 Small)
For the Red Pepper Harissa:
Place roasted red peppers, 1 teaspoon each of the oil and vinegar, 1/2 teaspoon of the cumin, sugar, 1/4 teaspoon of the garlic powder and crushed red pepper in blender or food processor; cover. Process or blend until a chunky sauce forms. (Do not puree.) Set aside.
Mix remaining 1 tablespoon each oil and vinegar, paprika, remaining 1 teaspoon garlic powder, remaining 1/2 teaspoon cumin and salt in small bowl. Place vegetables in large bowl. Add 1/2 of the spice mixture; toss to coat well.
Place chicken in another bowl. Add remaining spice mixture; turn to coat well.
Grill chicken over medium heat 4 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Grill vegetables 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until tender-crisp.
Serve 2 tablespoons Red Pepper Harissa with each serving of chicken and vegetables.
You can roast your own sweet red bell peppers for the harissa sauce. Use one large or two small.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 203g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 52||34%|
|Total Fat 5.88g||7%|
|Saturated Fat 0.95g||4%|
|Trans Fat 0.02g|
|Total Carbs 6.2g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.0g||7%|