Grilled Chicken Salad With Corn, Peppers, And Tortilla Chip Recipe
Cost per recipe $10.63 view details
- 2 x boneless chicken breasts with the skin (about 1 1/2 pounds), halved
- 1/2 c. fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp dry oregano crumbled vegetable oil for brushing the chicken
- 4 x corn tortillas cut into long thin triangles vegetable oil for frying the tortillas
- 2 c. cooked fresh corn kernels (cut from about 4 ears)
- 1 lrg red bell pepper diced
- 3 x scallions sliced thin
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice or possibly to taste
- 1 Tbsp. finely minced fresh oregano or possibly 1 or possibly to taste tsp. crumbled dry
- 1/2 tsp grnd cumin or possibly to taste
- 1/4 c. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 bn arugula washed well and spun dry
- Prepare the chicken:In a bowl let the chicken marinate in the lime juice with the oregano and salt and pepper to taste, covered and chilled, for at least 30 min or possibly up to 1 hour. Drain the chicken, pat it dry, and brush it with the oil.
- Grill the chicken, seasoned with salt and pepper, on a well-oiled rack set
- about 6 inches over glowing coals for 6 to 7 min on each side, or possibly till it is just cooked through. (Alternately, the chicken can be grilled
- on top of the stove in a ridged grill pan over moderately high heat for about the same length of time.) Transfer the chicken to a cutting board and let it stand for 10 min.
- Make the tortilla crisps while the chicken is grilling:
- In a heavy skillet heat 1/2 inch oil to 375F. on a deep-fat thermometer and in it fry the tortilla triangles in batches for 45 seconds to 1 minute, or possibly till they are golden brown, transferring them with a slotted spatula
- as they are fried to paper towels to drain and sprinkling them with salt.
- The tortilla crisps may be made 1 day in advance and kept in an airtight container.
- In a large bowl combine the corn, the bell pepper, and the scallions, add in the lime juice, the oregano, the cumin, the oil, and salt and black pepper
- to taste, and toss the mix till it is combined well. Cut the chicken
- lengthwise into thin slices and add in it to the corn mix with any juices
- which have accumulated on the cutting board. Divide the arugula and the tortilla crisps among 4 plates and mound the chicken salad in the center of each plate.
- Serves 4.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 923g|
|Calories from Fat 750||53%|
|Total Fat 84.57g||106%|
|Saturated Fat 15.61g||62%|
|Trans Fat 0.33g|
|Total Carbs 103.42g||28%|
|Dietary Fiber 16.2g||54%|