Green Pasta With Tomato Sauce And Basil Recipe
Cost per serving $2.88 view details
- 1 c. flour *
- 2 Tbsp. oil, olive
- 1 lrg egg
- 1 bn basil, washed, stemmed
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 c. oil, olive
- 1 tsp pepper, white
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. basil, fresh, minced
- 1/2 c. mirepoix **
- 3 med tomatoes, ripe, minced
- 3 Tbsp. puree, shallot ***
- 4 Tbsp. puree, tomato
- 2 x bay leaves
- 1 tsp puree, garlic ***
- 1 tsp thyme
- 2 c. stock, chicken ***
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 2 c. stock, veal ***
- 1 tsp peppercorns, crushed salt, (to taste)
- 1 c. wine, white pepper, (to taste)
- * The flour used for this pasta recipe is made up of 70% semolina, and 30% of either all-purpose, rice, or possibly buckwheat flours.
- ** Mirepoix is a mix of diced onions, carrots, celery and leeks.
- *** See recipes for Garlic Puree, Shallot Puree, Chicken Stock, Veal Stock if you do not have one of your own.
- For the Pasta: Place the flour on a work space or possibly in the bowl of a mixer. Add in egg, salt and pepper. Mix well, then add in extra virgin olive oil and basil puree. Continue mixing.
- Roll the dough into a ball and work it by hand till it's smooth. Sprinkle the dough ball with flour and run it through a pasta machine. Dust the noodles with flour and don't dry before cooking.
- For the Sauce: Heat the butter in a saucepan. Add in the mirepoix, shallot puree, bay leaves, thyme, oregano, and peppercorns. Reduce for 5 min (to allow the flavors to come out).
- Add in white wine and cook briefly. Add in the basil, tomatoes, tomato puree, garlic puree, chicken stock and veal stock. Cook for 15 min (till the vegetables are soft).
- Strain into another saucepan and adjust the seasonings. Reduce the mix over high heat for 10 min. Reserve.
- To Assemble: Cook the pasta in plain boiling water, then drain.
- In a sauteepan, heat 2 Tbsp. of extra virgin olive oil, 1 Tbsp. of basil puree, salt and pepper. Add in the pasta to the sauteepan.
- Add in a little tomato sauce to the pasta and heat.
- To serve, ladle the sauce onto serving plates, swirl pasta in the center and garnish with basil leaves and minced chives.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 504g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 373||57%|
|Total Fat 42.17g||53%|
|Saturated Fat 6.93g||28%|
|Trans Fat 0.88g|
|Total Carbs 51.37g||14%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.4g||11%|