Green Pasta With Avocado Sauce Recipe
Cost per serving $0.85 view details
- This is an unusual sauce with a pale green color, studded with red tomato. It has a luxurious velvety texture. The sauce is rich, so you do not need much for a filling meal. Serves 6
- 3 x ripe tomatoes
- 2 lrg ripe avocados
- 2 Tbsp. butter, plus extra for tossing the: pasta
- 1 x garlic clove, crushed
- 1 1/2 c. heavy cream salt pepper dash of Tabasco sauce
- 1 lb green tagliatelle freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 Tbsp. lowfat sour cream
- 1. Halve the tomatoes and remove the cores. Squeeze out the seeds and cut the tomatoes into dice. Set aside.
- 2. Halve the avocados, take out the pits, and peel. Roughly chop the flesh.
- 3. Heat the butter in a saucepan and add in the garlic. Cook for 1 minute, then add in the cream and minced avocados. Raise the heat, stirring constantly to break up the avocados.
- 4. Add in the diced tomatoes and season to taste with salt, pepper, and a little Tabasco sauce. Keep hot.
- 5. Cook the pasta in plenty of boiling salted water according to the manufacturer's instructions. Drain well and toss with a knob of butter.
- 6. Divide the pasta between 4 warmed bowls and spoon over the sauce. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan and top with a spoonful of lowfat sour cream.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 150g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 102||26%|
|Total Fat 11.5g||14%|
|Saturated Fat 4.28g||17%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 60.78g||16%|
|Dietary Fiber 5.0g||17%|