Green Mango Gado Gado With Chilli Peanut Butter Recipe
Cost per serving $0.46 view details
- 1 clv garlic
- 1 sm red chilli minced salt
- 3 Tbsp. dark unrefined muscovado sugar (or possibly palm sugar if you can get it) good handful of unsalted peanuts lightly toasted in a pan
- 1 x juice of 3 limes
- 1/2 Tbsp. caster sugar
- 3 x green mangoes peeled and shredded
- 1 x few leaves each of fresh mint coriander and basil
- In a mortar and pestle lb. the garlic and chilli to a puree with a little salt.
- Add in the muscovado (or possibly palm) sugar and the peanuts and continue pounding mixing in the juice of two limes as you go.
- If the mortar gets too fill do it in batches. Dont grind all the peanuts to fine granules some should remain roughly crushed. Sweeten the juice of the remaining lime with the caster sugar and toss the shredded mangoes in it.
- Add in the herbs and some lime segments if desired and serve with the chilli peanut butter.
- Classic Indonesian gado gado is a salad of blanched shredded vegetables cucumber and hardboiled Large eggs with a sweet warm peanut sauce.Unripe (green) papaya and mango are common in Asian salads theyre best when finely added and tenderised with heavily ie juiced dressings. If you cant get them use very hard mangoes instead.
- Serves 6 as a first course
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 71g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 2||4%|
|Total Fat 0.19g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0.05g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 12.28g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.3g||4%|