Green Chicken Chili Recipe
Cost per serving $1.68 view details
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil (or 1 Tbsp Olive Oil & 1 Tbsp butter)
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, sliced and salted
- 2 cups onion, diced
- 1 Tbsp garlic, minced
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1.5 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp white pepper
- 2 Tbsp tequila (optional but nice!)
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup russet potato, peeled & diced
- 1 15oz can white hominy, drained & rinsed
- 1 cup poblano peppers, roasted, peeled, seeded & diced
- Sour cream
- 1 bunch chopped, fresh Cilantro
- Avocado, chopped (optional)
- Saute chicken in oil and butter over high heat in a large pot for 8-10 minutes turning at least once. Remove and cut into 1/2 inch cubes. Set aside.
- Add the onions to the pot and cook on medium 3-4 minutes until soft. Stir in garlic and all seasonings, cook for 1 minute. Add tequila and simmer until evaporated, stirring to bring up any drippings from the bottom of the pan.
- Stir in the broth and the potatoes and bring to boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 12 minutes. Add the chicken, hominy, poblano, and salt, and simmer until heated through.
- Serve into bowls and garnish with cilantro, sour cream, and avocado as desired.
- Note: if serving children, reserve the poblano peppers and use them as a garnish along with the cilantro, sour cream and avocado. The poblanos really make this dish for the adults, so don't eliminate them altogether!
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 322g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 75||34%|
|Total Fat 8.46g||11%|
|Saturated Fat 1.29g||5%|
|Trans Fat 0.02g|
|Total Carbs 19.58g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.5g||15%|