Greek Rice Recipe
This recipe combines my favorite traditional Greek ingredients to make a tasty rice dish. Add some chicken to make a meal out of it!
Cost per serving $1.44 view details
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup finely diced red onion (about 1/4 of a medium onion)
- 1 cup short or medium-grain rice
- 1 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 lemons, squeezed (or about 2 tablespoon lemon juice)
- Â¼ teaspoon salt
- Â¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup quartered Kalamata olives
- 4 oz Feta (French!), crumbled
- 1/4 cup finely chopped flat-leaf (Italian) parsley
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic, cook and stir for about 1 minute until onions just begin to soften.
- Add rice and stir frequently for about 2 minutes. Next add broth, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat to very low, cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until water is absorbed. I'd check this at 15 minutes, if there is still a noticeable amount of liquid cover and cook for an additional 5 minutes. It shouldn't take more than 20 to cook completely.
- Add olives, Feta and parsley and stir until just incorporated, serve hot.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 214g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 126||37%|
|Total Fat 14.27g||18%|
|Saturated Fat 5.42g||22%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 44.44g||12%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.7g||9%|