Greek Garlic Sauce (Scordalia) Recipe
Cost per serving $0.21 view details
- 1 large potato, peeled, boiled and mashed
- 1/2 loaf white bread, crusts removed
- 10 to 12 cloves garlic
- 1/4 Cup Lemon Juice
- 1/2 Cup Olive Oil
- 2 Tsp. White vinegar
- 1 Tsp. Apple Cider Vinegar
- Peel potato and boil until tender. Set aside and let cool. Place in food processor.
- Remove crusts from bread. Soak bread in water. Squeeze to remove excess water and place bread in food processor.
- Clean and crush garlic with garlic press or side of a knife. Place in food processor.
- Add lemon juice, olive oil and vinegar.
- Process for 20-30 seconds til smooth and creamy.
- Refrigerate. Serve with meat or fish entrée or as a cold dip with fresh vegetables.
- Refrigerated, this will keep for one week.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 40g|
|Recipe makes 12 servings|
|Calories from Fat 80||78%|
|Total Fat 9.03g||11%|
|Saturated Fat 1.25g||5%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 5.27g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.6g||2%|