Greek Baklava Recipe
Greek Baklava! The quintessential Greek dessert with layers of flaky filo dough, nuts, cinnamon and honey! Satisfying and delicious
Cost per serving $0.47 view details
- 1 1/2 Cups Water
- 1 1/2 Cups Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Honey
- 1/2 Cup Orange Juice
- 1 Pound Filo
- 3/4 Cup Melted Butter
- 1 Pound Walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Cinnamon
- In a medium sized sauce pan, whisk together water, sugar, honey and orange juice over medium high heat. Bring to a boil; turn heat to medium low and let simmer for 15 to 20 minutes. Let cool.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Chop the nuts in a food processor; place in a medium bowl. Add the 1/2 cup of sugar and the cinnamon. Set aside.
- Butter a 9″ x 13″ baking pan.
- Add 8 to 10 sheets of filo, buttering each sheet.
- Sprinkle about 2/3 cup of the nut mixture over the buttered filo then cover with a sheet of filo.
- Butter the filo and add another 2/3 cup of the nut mixture. Alternate nuts and filo, buttering each sheet. Save 8 to 10 sheets of filo for the top. Butter remaining top sheets as you did the bottom ones.
- Cut into diamonds with a sharp knife starting at one corner making rows 1" apart. Repeat from the other corner.
- Bake at 350 degrees for one hour or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and evenly pour cold syrup over the hot baklava. Let stand for one to two hours. At this point, baklava can be cut into individual diamond shaped pieces and served or refrigerated
- This recipe makes one 9″ x 13″ pan or about 42 diamond shaped pieces.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 45g|
|Recipe makes 42 servings|
|Calories from Fat 61||41%|
|Total Fat 7.11g||9%|
|Saturated Fat 2.54g||10%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 20.31g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.6g||2%|