Greek Artichoke Salad Recipe
Cost per serving $0.72 view details
- 8 slices of bacon, cooked until crispy and crumbled
- 1 jar (4.5 ozs) marinated artichoke hearts, drained and sliced
- 4 cups (950 ml) fresh romaine, cleaned and chopped
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) black olives, pitted
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) celery, diced
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) sweet, red pepper, diced
- 1 medium tomato, cored and chopped
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) organic apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) sweet red onion, chopped
- 2 tsp (10 ml) brown sugar
- 2 tsp (10 ml) spicy mustard or Dijon
- 1/2 tsp (3 ml) salt
- 1/4 tsp (2 ml) pepper
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) olive oil.
- In a large bowl, combine the romaine, tomato, bacon, artichoke hearts, feta, olives, celery, red onion, red peppers. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- In a food processor, combine the vinegar, brown sugar, mustard, salt and pepper. Process and while processing, add the oil in a steady stream until thickened.
- Drizzle over the salad just before serving. Toss gently and serve immediately.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 98g|
|Recipe makes 10 servings|
|Calories from Fat 233||88%|
|Total Fat 25.93g||32%|
|Saturated Fat 6.53g||26%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 3.86g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.2g||4%|