Granola 74 Recipe
A 1974 recipe I made for my children, now revised for my grandchildren. A recipe with a variety of ways to change to your own taste.
©2007-2014 Netta Belle’s Choice® cookbookinabox® “Reg. U.S. Pat. & Trdmk.Off.” Reg. “Trade-marks Canadian Intellectual Property Office.” nettabelleschoice.com and cookbookinabox.com. All rights reserved.
- 1/2 cup whole almonds
- 1/2 cup pecan halves
- 1/2 cup walnut halves
- 1/4 cup shredded sweet coconut
- 1/4 cup wheat germ
- 1/4 ground flax seed
- 1/4 cup olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup honey or white or dark corn syrup or maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh grated nutmeg
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup dried dates
- spray oil
- Preheat oven to 250 F.
- Spray oil in pan to be used to bake the granola.
- Measure nuts in blender and pulse until chopped, not in finely ground. (Some will be fine on the bottom.)
- Put nuts into the large baking pan.
- Add all the ingredients except the dried fruits.
- Stir to mix well.
- Put pan in oven for 15 min. Stir every 15 minutes for 4 times. 1 hour.
- Remove stir in the raisins, dried cranberries and dates.
- Allow to cool.
- Store in plastic or glass jars.
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 37g|
|Recipe makes 12 servings|
|Calories from Fat 82||50%|
|Total Fat 9.49g||12%|
|Saturated Fat 1.38g||6%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 20.5g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.1g||7%|