Grandma Luti's Brandied Pecan Pie Recipe
- 1 x grandma luti's bottle-rolled pie shell
- 2/3 c. granualted sugar
- 1/4 c. brandy
- 1/3 c. pure butter melted
- 3 whl jumbo Large eggs
- 3/4 c. dark karo corn syrup
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 c. pecans halves broken once
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Blend sugar, butter, syrup, salt and Large eggs with hand beater. Prepare pie shell and place in pie pan. Pour mix into shell. Reduce oven temperature to 375 degrees. Bake till set.
- Place pecans on top of pie to cover. Bake for 10 min. Remove, let cold, then refrigerte till chilled. Serve along or possibly with any white ice cream or possibly heavy whipped cream.
- My offering is not only the BEST pecan pie ricipe for the pie shell.
- The filling is only as good as the shell. Being a 4th generation Cajun, my recipes are part of a collection of several hundred handed down by my Grandma and other members of my family. Of course you can leave out the brandy, .....buuuuuut, I double-dog dare you to leave it in. MM
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner