Goto (Porridge) Recipe
- 1/4 kilo Ox tripe
- 3/4 cup rice
- 1/4 glutinous rice
- 8 cups water
- 1 tbsp. ginger, sliced thinly
- 1 chicken cubes (powder is ok too)
- 1/2 tsp. kasubha (to give yellow color)
- dash of pepper and salt to taste
- Clean the beef tripe well and slice into half inch thick. Boil with a dash of salt and remove the foam that forms on the surface. Change the water at least three times to remove the smell of the tripe and keep adding salt every time you change water until it gets soft.
- Combine the two types of rice and wash well with tap water. Adds 6 cups of water and boil in a pot. Stir to avoid sticking of the rice to the bottom, then lower the heat to simmer and replace the cover.
- Once the rice gets soft enough to be eaten, add all the remaining ingredients and mix. Also, add more water so the goto wonât get too thick. Adjust the taste by adding more chicken cube or fish sauce and allow the goto to boil one more time before removing from heat.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner