Gluten Free Chocolate Peanut Butter Granola Bars Recipe
Chocolate with a light hint of peanut and a hit of Orange.
Full of Fiber and goodness.
They don't taste like any kind of granola bar i've made before.
I used Rogers Porridge Oats- Ancient grains that had Spelt flakes, flaxseed and millet.
if You want to add other things like flax. Decrease your oats. and add enough to still equal four cups.
You can add about anything into these as well.I used Cranberries as my addition but i have added Dried Mango and Nuts with Great Success!
- 2/3 Cup Honey
- 1/3 Cup Dark Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 Cup Peanut butter
- 1 TSP Dried Orange Zest
- 1 1/2 TSP Vanilla extract
- 4 Cups Quick Rolled Oats- I used Rogers Porridge Oats- Ancients grains
- 1 Cup Dried Cranberries
- Line 8 X 8 pan with parchment paper. Set Aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl. Combine honey, cocoa powder, peanut butter and vanilla.
- Heat for 2 minutes. Randomly stopping it and stirring.
- In a separate bowl. Add your oats, zest and cranberries. Pour hot chocolate mixture and Stir til everything is well coated and awesome tasty,
- Pour into the lined pan. Using hands or spatula. Press down mixture for at least a minute. The better you press. The better they seem to stick together.
- Now let cool. if you can resist. I fully admit I cut a piece out when it was still warm and the piece fell apart but it was worth it.
- I cut mine to the size of the bars they sell in the store but you can do it how you wish.
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 74g|
|Recipe makes 12 servings|
|Calories from Fat 63||22%|
|Total Fat 7.51g||9%|
|Saturated Fat 1.49g||6%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 50.47g||13%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.2g||14%|