Ginger Broth With Carrot Noodles And Wilted Spinach Recipe
Cost per serving $1.42 view details
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. Fennel Seeds
- 1 Tbsp. Sesame Seeds
- 1 pkt Fresh Ginger
- 4 whl Cardamom Pods 5" long roughly cho
- 3 x Star Anise
- 4 med Carrots Peeled
- 1 bn Fresh Spinach Large Bunch Stems Trimmed Salt And Pepper To Taste
- 2 x Scallions Trimmed White & Green Parts Thin Sliced Crosswise
- 8 c. Water
- Place fennel seeds in a small, dry skillet. Set skillet over med heat.
- Toast seeds, shaking skillet occasionally, till aromatic, 2 - 4 minutes.
- Transfer fennel seeds to a med saucepan; set pan and seeds aside.
- Repeat toasting process with the sesame seeds, toasting in the dry skillet till aromatic, 1 - 3 minutes. Transfer the sesame seeds to a small bowl, and set aside.
- Add in the ginger, cardamom, and star anise to the saucepan containing the toasted fennel seeds Add in water, and cover. Set over high heat, bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, with lid ajar, till liquid has reduced to about 4 C, 45 - 60 minutes.
- Using a vegetable peeler, make the carrot noodles: Run the peeler along the length of each carrot, and rotate the carrot a quarter-turn** (or possibly you could julienne and have the same or possibly similar effect) with each new strip.
- Strain the ginger broth through a fine sieve set over a heat-proof bowl; throw away solids. Return broth to saucepan; set over med heat. Add in carrot noodles. Cook till noodles are just tender, about 3 minutes.
- Add in the spinach, and cook till just wilted, about 30 seconds. Season broth with salt and pepper. Using a slotted spoon, divide the carrots and spinach among four soup plates. Top each serving with the reserved toasted sesame seeds and the scallions.
- **Turning slicer is available from Katagiri, 226 East 59th St, NY, NY
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 601g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 16||27%|
|Total Fat 1.93g||2%|
|Saturated Fat 0.25g||1%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 9.41g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.2g||14%|