Giant Valentine Heart Cookie (It’s a Puzzle Too!) Recipe
What fun this is, to get a giant heart cookie that is a jigsaw puzzle too! Package pieces in a box, or stack pieces and tie with perky ribbon to surprise the kids (and kids of all ages.) This dough has 2 cups of oatmeal which makes for a crunchy and unusual sugar cookie. One batch makes two giant cookies that cut into 10 or more puzzle pieces each.
- 1 cup butter, softened (2 sticks)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups oatmeal (quick or old fashioned uncooked)
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- Assorted small red candies to decorate (I used Cake Mate Sequins by signaturebrands.com; red hots will not work - they melt when baked)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease two cookie sheets.
- Beat butter, sugar and vanilla until thoroughly mixed. Add oats and flour; mix well.
- Divide dough in half. Pat each half into a large heart shape about 1/4 inch thick on cookie sheets.
- Gently press candies into desired message or design (see photos.)
- With sharp knife cut all the way through each heart shape into 10 random shapes, but do not separate the dough.
- Bake about 15 minutes until edges just barely begin to brown (dark pans bake faster so watch closely.) Remove from oven and carefully score cookies again on lines marked to separate; cool five minutes on cookie sheets, then lift off carefully and cool completely on wire racks. Store tightly covered.
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 35g|
|Recipe makes 20 servings|
|Calories from Fat 86||51%|
|Total Fat 9.82g||12%|
|Saturated Fat 5.93g||24%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 19.03g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.0g||3%|