Garlicky Shrimp and Parmesan Grits Recipe
Cost per serving $2.88 view details
- For the grits:
- 1/3 cup + 1 tablespoon instant grits
- 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- For the shrimp:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 lb shrimp (about 10 shrimp), peeled & deveined, tales intact
- 2 large garlic cloves, sliced thin
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- juice of 1/4 lemon, plus wedges for serving
- 1 tablespoon roughly chopped parsley
- Bring 1 1/2 cups water to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Slowly whisk in the grits. Add 1 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
- Reduce the heat to low and cook, stirring occasionally until thickened. Stir in the parmesan cheese & 1 tablespoon butter. Remove from heat, season with additional salt & pepper if necessary.
- In the meantime, season the shrimp well with salt & pepper. Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a saute pan over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp, sliced garlic & chili powder. Cook until shrimp are pink, about 3-4 minutes. Add 1 tablespoon water, lemon juice & parsley. Stir to coat the shrimp. Remove from heat, taste and adjust seasoning to your liking.
- Divide the grits among two bowls, top with shrimp & sauce.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 196g|
|Recipe makes 2 servings|
|Calories from Fat 193||42%|
|Total Fat 21.96g||27%|
|Saturated Fat 12.69g||51%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 35.43g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.9g||3%|