Garlic Ginger Green Beans Recipe
These are an excellent, healthy side dish to any grilled meat. I highly recommend them with the Chinese BBQ chicken recipe below, but honestly these would go well with just about anything. Unfortunately these were tapped out long before our chicken, so make more than you think you need. They are great the next day too!
- 1 lb green beans trimmed
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp grated, peeled ginger
- 2 tsp rice vinegar (non-seasoned)
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 1/2 tsp sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 tsp or so salt for water
- Cook beans in a large pot of boiling, salted water, uncovered, until just tender...about 5-7 minutes. Drain and pat dry.
- While beans are cooking, mince and mash garlic into a pasted with a pinch of salt, then add to a large bowl soy sauce, ginger, vinegar, and oils and stir.
- Add beans and toss till covered with sauce. Sprinkle toasted sesame seeds and toss.
- Hints: Buy fresh ginger and keep in freezer in a plastic bag. Remove whenever you need some. It's easier to peel and chop frozen than fresh, and tastes MUCH better than jarred ginger.
- With sesame seeds, buy non-toasted. Heat a small skilled and add to the pan, then shake for a minute or two and remove from heat. If you cook with sesame seeds often, you can buy a special small pan for toasting them that comes with a small, hinged screen for a lid. This prevents them from "popping" out of the pan when you toast them. Not needed, but I love mine!
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 128g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 46||24%|
|Total Fat 5.33g||7%|
|Saturated Fat 0.5g||2%|
|Trans Fat 0.09g|
|Total Carbs 28.72g||8%|
|Dietary Fiber 10.9g||36%|