Garden Fresh Brine Roasted Chicken Recipe
Cost per serving $1.29 view details
- 1 5 lb. chicken
- 1/3 c. kosher salt
- 1/3 c. sugar
- 1/3 c. cider vinegar
- 1/2 c. fresh oregano, rough chopped
- 1/2 c. fresh parsley, rough chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed or finely minced
- 2 lemons, 1 juiced and halved, 1 quartered
- 1 large onion, quartered
- Olive oil for drizzling
- Kosher Salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- In large dutch oven or pot, combine all the ingredients except olive oil, quartered lemon and onion with about 1 cup of water and stir until blended and granules are dissolved.
- Add rinsed and cleaned chicken and 'bathe' to coat in brine.
- Add enough water to just cover chicken and place in fridge for 6 to 12 hours. The longer you marinate, the more tender and juicy so have at it.
- When ready, Preheat oven to 350*F and pat chicken dry. You do not have to rinse the chicken using this method.
- Place chicken back in washed and dried dutch oven and drizzle with olive oil.
- Stuff with halved lemon and onion. Truss if desired.
- Bake for about 2 1/2 hours until golden, basting every so often for nice coloring and internal temperature reaches at least 155 degrees.
- Allow to rest before transferring to platter or cutting board for serving and then season as desired to taste.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 313g|
|Recipe makes 10 servings|
|Calories from Fat 212||56%|
|Total Fat 23.55g||29%|
|Saturated Fat 6.73g||27%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 10.93g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.7g||6%|