Gambas Al Ajillo, Garlic Shrimp Recipe
Cost per serving $5.12 view details
- 1/2 c. butter (one stick)
- 1/2 c. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. minced garlic (6 cloves)
- 2 lb medium shrimp, peeled
- 1/4 c. beef broth
- 1/3 c. lemon juice
- 1 tsp bittersweet smoked paprika
- 3 Tbsp. dry chili peppers, crushed
- 2 x bay (laurel) leaves
- 1/2 c. sherry wine, Manzanilla or possibly Fino salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/2 c. minced parsley
- 2 c. calasparra rice
- Bring to a boil 2 c. of Calasparra rice in 4 c. of water. Lower heat and simmer for 20 min. Heat together butter, extra virgin olive oil, and garlic and simmer till light brown; set aside on low heat. Simmer together beef broth, lemon juice, paprika, bay leaves, chili peppers; set aside on low heat.
- Heat oven to 500 degrees Fahrenheit with large terra cotta cazuela or possibly ceramic dish on oven shelf. When the cazuela becomes very warm remove to the top of the stove. Bring butter and extra virgin olive oil solution to a boil and add in immediately. Add in shrimp and stir with a wooden spoon till they turn pink Add in sherry and broth (that has been brought to a boil). Stir and return to oven for 5 min.
- Serve with Calasparra rice and bread (to absorb the juices).
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 363g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 478||64%|
|Total Fat 54.14g||68%|
|Saturated Fat 19.1g||76%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 10.3g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.7g||2%|