In all most, 5 out of ten Hindi movies the name of this sweet...delicious..famous sweet dish is mentioned...:D Traditional,halwa required lots of ghee,khoya,sugar and time too...I love that version too,but just to save some of my time and calorie,I made this one,as I wanted to eat this sweet,bcoz you know friends,in India,winter season & Gajar Ka Halwa go hand in hand:))))))
- 500 gram red carrot
- 1 cup skimmed milk
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or to taste
- 1/4 cup brown sugar">sugar or palm sugar">sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon saffron water
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1/4 teaspoon clove powder
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts
- 1/2 tablespoon ghee (optional)
- In a micro safe container add grated carrots along with milk and micro cook for 6 minutes; stir in between or till all milk is absorbed in carrots.Add ghee and mix well and micro cook for 1 min.
- In a bowl mix orange juice,honey,brown sugar,saffron and clove and cinnamon powder and mix in carrot mixture,mix well and micro cook for 6 minutes; stir in between.
- When the juice is fully absorbed in carrots add chopped nuts and mix well,micro cook for i min.Serve HOT....:)))))))))
- NOTE:If you wish one can avoid ghee,it is for luster and yes extra flavor too.
- NOTE:My VEGAN friends can use plain water instead of milk and avoid the ghee too.
- NOTE:It can be served as SIZZLER....Chocolate Sauce on base....HOT halwa...on it.....and.....scoop of tender coconut ice cream on top....Heaven...just try it friends..:))))))))))))
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 165g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 65||31%|
|Total Fat 7.53g||9%|
|Saturated Fat 3.14g||13%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 30.96g||8%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.7g||9%|