Fusion Greek slad Recipe
Indian Twist to Greek Salad with Homemade Herb Paneer. Serve this cool Mediterranean - style dish alongside grilled chicken, fish or pork, or on its own with crusty bread. I have grilled the bell peppers for the salad but that is totally personal choice, even if you like salad vegetables can be dressed in vinaigrette few hours before serving for more matured flavors, season with salt and pepper just before serving.
- For the salad:
- 3 ripe tomatoes, seeded and cut into chunks
- 1 red onion, cut into cubes and layers separated
- 1 European seedless cucumber, cut into bite-size chunks
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and chunked
- 1 small yellow bell pepper, seeded and chunked
- 1 small green bell pepper, seeded and chunked
- ¼ Cup green olives, pitted and halved
- For the dressing:
- ¼ Cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed in palm of your hand
- salt and black pepper, as per taste
- For the herb paneer:
- ½ litre milk
- 2 tsp vinegar/lemon juice
- ⅓ Cup fresh mixed herbs (oregano, coriander, basil), finely chopped
- Several sprigs fresh flat-leaf parsley, about 1/2 cup, roughly chopped
- To make dressing, mix in all the ingredients in a jar with a lid and shake vigorously. Set aside until required.
- To make herb paneer, to the boiling milk add vinegar/lemon juice, chopped herbs and wait till milk curdles and whey is separated.
- Sieve the curdled milk and collect the paneer in a bowl.
- Combine chopped onion, tomato, olives in a bowl. Meanwhile in a grid pan roast bell peppers with few lugs of olive oil for 3 - 4 minutes.
- Once peppers are done mix in with the remaining vegetables.
- Pour prepared dressing over the salad and mix nicely.
- Crumble herb paneer with fingers over the salad along with chopped parsley.
- Toss gently and serve!!!
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 720g|
|Calories from Fat 531||77%|
|Total Fat 60.06g||75%|
|Saturated Fat 8.27g||33%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 37.36g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 8.4g||28%|