Fried Noodles With Peanut Sauce Recipe
Cost per serving $0.81 view details
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 cup julienned carrots
- 1/2 cup quartered onion thinly sliced (slice across the grain to get quarter moon slices)
- 1/4 cup shredded cabbage
- 4 cups prepared pasta (rice noodles recommended, but any thin pasta will work - angel hair or thin spaghetti or even ramen noodles work just fine)
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tbsp Hoisin sauce (optional - if you don't have it, use a bit of extra soy sauce & a squeeze of lemon or lime juice & the flavor will be approximately the same)
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/4 cup crumbled peanuts (salted/roasted - crumble with a food processor or put them in a ziplock bag & use a rolling pin)
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 eggs
- (used for cooking - 3 tbsp olive or vegetable oil)
- Place peanuts in small amount of water and bring to a boil while preparing pasta.
- When peanuts boil turn heat off, cover, and let sit while you prepare other items.
- Heat olive or vegetable oil in a wok or large skillet (cast iron works best IMHO).
- Add vegetables to oil & stir continuously until tender but crisp.
- Move vegetables to the outer edges of wok or skillet and fry two eggs in the center, stirring as they cook to break them up (but don't scramble!)
- Mix soy sauce, Hoisin sauce, peanut butter, and black pepper in a small sauce pan and heat until melted (alternately, place in microwave safe bowl and heat for 30 seconds at a time stirring in between until melted)
- Toss prepared pasta with sauce mix
- Drain peanuts and add to vegetable/egg mix
- Add noodles to vegetable mix and stir continuously until noodles are just beginning to brown.
- Serve with hot pepper sauce
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 241g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 83||12%|
|Total Fat 9.55g||12%|
|Saturated Fat 2.66g||11%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 127.13g||34%|
|Dietary Fiber 7.1g||24%|