Fried Banana Ravioli With Vanilla Custard Sauce Recipe
- 3/4 c. finely-minced peeled ripe bananas
- 1/4 c. golden sugar - (packed)
- 1/4 c. graham cracker crumbs
- 2 Tbsp. finely-minced walnuts
- 2 Tbsp. finely-minced pecans
- 16 x wonton wrappers
- 1 lrg egg beaten to blend Vegetable oil for frying Powdered sugar (optional) Vanilla Custard Sauce II (see recipe)
- Gently mix bananas, brown sugar, graham cracker crumbs, walnuts and pecans in medium bowl (don't mash bananas). Lay wonton wrappers on work surface and brush edges with egg. Spoon 1 1/2 heaping tsp. banana filling into center of each wrapper. Fold wrappers diagonally over filling. Press edges to seal. Place on baking sheet lined with plastic wrap. (Ravioli can be prepared 6 hrs ahead. Cover with plastic and chill.)
- Add in sufficient oil to heavy large skillet to reach depth of 2 inches. Heat over medium heat to 350 degrees. Working in batches, add in ravioli; cook till golden, about 45 seconds per side. Using slotted spoon, transfer to paper towels; drain.
- Arrange ravioli on serving plate and dust with powdered sugar, if you like. Serve with Vanilla Custard Sauce.
- This recipe yields 16 ravioli.
- Comments: This is a dessert version of classic fried savory ravioli, dressed up with custard sauce.
- Yield: 16 ravioli
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner